Current policy effective as of March 1, 2022
By using the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to these Terms as they are written here. If you do not agree to these Terms, kindly leave and do not use the Site. If you have any questions about the Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site allows you to learn about and to purchase The Hue Cottage products.
We may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to hours of operation or availability of the Site or of any Product or feature, without notice or liability.
We may offer Products through other authorised distribution channels, such as other sellers and websites; if so, the terms, conditions, and policies applicable to those other sellers and websites may apply, and those may be different than these Terms.
Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, requiring you to arbitrate any claims you may have against The Hue Cottage on an individual basis. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
II. Electronic Communications
By visiting the Site and/or communicating with us by email or by chat via the Site, you are communicating with us electronically and agreeing that we may communicate with you electronically (including by email, chat on the Site, notices posted to the Site, and possibly other means as well). You agree that all such electronic communications (including all notices, disclosures, warranties, and agreements) satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be “in writing.” We may also communicate with you via telephone.
III. You Must Be Over the Age of 13 To Use The Site and To Buy The Hue Cottage Product
You may not use the Site unless you are over the age of 13.
If you purchase a Product via the Site on behalf of another person or organisation, then by doing that you represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to do so and to bind that other person or organisation to these Terms.
IV. Content & Intellectual Property
You may not copy or use any of the Content and Intellectual Property of or on the Site without our prior written authorization. Content including, but not limited to all of the visual, audio-visual, and written information displayed on the Site, including all graphics, photographs, drawings, designs, iconography, animation, videos, and writing (collectively, “Content”). All Content on the Site is the property of The Hue Cottage and/or third parties with whom The Hue Cottage has a relationship, and all Content may be protected by one or more applicable intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright, right of publicity, trademark laws.
The source code and compilation of this Site are likewise the exclusive property of The Hue Cottage and protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You are not authorised to use such source code for any purpose other than the ordinary use of the Site.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and other branding devices (collectively, “Marks”) that appear on the Site and/or Products (collectively the “The Hue Cottage Marks”) are the exclusive property of The Hue Cottage and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. In some cases, we may display Marks that are owed by third parties with whom we have a relationship. You may not display or use the The Hue Cottage Marks (or Marks of third parties displayed on the Site) without our prior written authorization (or prior authorization from the applicable third party).
If you are a member of the press, you may use the Content included on our Press page without our prior written authorization, but only for legitimate, accurate, non-commercial reporting purposes that are not likely to cause confusion as to the source, sponsorship and/or affiliation of The Hue Cottage or The Hue Cottage ’s Products.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about our Content or intellectual property, including whether we are willing to authorise your use of the same.
The feature of our purchase process that auto-populates addresses when you begin typing them into our order form implements functionalities that are enabled by Google Maps APIs. By using those features of functionalities, you are bound by Google’s Terms of Service with respect to those features or functionalities. Google’s Terms of Service can be found here.
VI. Limited Licence and Site Access
You are allowed to use the Site only for your lawful personal use (or personal use on behalf of a third party). You may not use the Site to do or to facilitate any of the following things (or otherwise to violate any laws or legal rights of anyone else):
- Copy, imitate, mirror, distribute, publish, download, publicly display, publicly perform, post or transmit any of the Content in any manner or format, and through any means now known or later developed.
- Resell any The Hue Cottage Products or display or describe The Hue Cottage Products for commercial or competitive purposes, or in a false, misleading, or disparaging light.
- Commit fraud or other dishonest act, including by seeking refunds or other compensation or benefits for Product orders that are not legitimate, or about which you are not being completely truthful in your communications with us.
- Make commercial use of any Content or any Product available on the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert into human readable form any of the source code / HTML code underlying the Site.
- Use any automated software or tools that are designed to extract and copy data (such as bots, spiders, crawlers, or other similar data-mining, data-gathering, or data-extraction methods) on the Contents of, or source code / HTML code underlying, the Site.
- Collect any information about users of the Site.
- Attempt to interfere with, disrupt, reverse-engineer, steal from, or gain unauthorised access to, any of the software, technology, or equipment that supports the Site;
- Impersonate another person, or misrepresent your affiliation, with a person or entity;
- Post advertising or marketing links or content;
- Access the Site from anywhere in the world where it is unlawful for you to do so.
VII. Truthful Communications
You promise that all of the information that you provide to The Hue Cottage when communicating with us via the Site and/or otherwise, and when purchasing Products from us, will be true, accurate, current, and complete. We are not responsible for problems that you encounter as a result of false, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete information that you provide to us. For example, when you purchase a Product via the Site, we will ship that Product to the address that you provided while completing your order. If that address is incorrect, you may experience problems with your purchase for which we will not be responsible.
VIII. Purchasing Products
We will display on the Site the current prices for all Products available for purchase via the Site. The prices do not include applicable taxes and fees that we are legally required to charge you. We will inform you about any such taxes and/or fees before you are able to complete a purchase order.
The Site currently uses one or more third parties to process payments that you authorise in connection with purchasing Products. We will inform you of the methods of payment that our third party payment processors permit while you are placing your order.
The Hue Cottage reserves the right to decline or cancel orders at any time. Notification is via email to the email address you provided when submitting your order. We assume no responsibilities for issues resulting from such declines, cancellations, or email notification failure. Order costs will be charged to your payment method upon acceptance.
All amounts listed and monetary transactions on and via the Site are in U.S. dollars.
IX. 101-Night Trial, Warranty, and Other Refunds / Returns
Please refer to our Trial Policy & Limited Warranty to learn about the terms that apply to those The Hue Cottage offerings. The 100-Night Trial Policy and Limited Warranty are each part of these Terms.
For questions about potential refunds or returns not covered by the Trial Policy and Limited Warranty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may cancel an order anytime prior to shipping the order.
From time to time, we may offer special purchase terms on a very limited basis to persons, groups, or organisations with which we have a special business or philanthropic relationship. Any such special purchase terms may be subject to rules, terms, and conditions that are different than or in addition to these Terms.
XI. Content You Submit to The Hue Cottage
From time to time, The Hue Cottage may allow you to submit or post reviews, comments, photos, videos, or similar content or materials on the Site (collectively, “Postings”). We welcome your Postings as long as they are appropriate. Postings may not harass, libel, defame, slander, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of any other person or organization and may not be obscene, pornographic, defamatory, profane, or otherwise unlawful or indecent.
We reserve sole and complete discretion over whether to allow or display, and how to use, all Postings. By submitting a Posting to us (via the Site or otherwise), you grant The Hue Cottage an perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, fully assignable, royalty-free and fully-paid-up right and licence to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, publicly perform, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and exploit for any purpose (collectively, “Use”) such Posting through any means or method now or not yet in existence. The foregoing right and licence includes a royalty-free licence to Use the image, photograph and/or likeness of any person depicted in or identifiable from any Posting. You waive any and all rights under copyright law, right of publicity law, privacy law, and other legal rights (in addition to any “moral rights” that you may have in your Posting). Further, by submitting a Posting to The Hue Cottage (via the Site or otherwise), you promise to The Hue Cottage each of the following things:
- You possess all legal rights, authorizations, and/consents or releases necessary to grant to The Hue Cottage the foregoing rights in your Posting.
- Your Posting does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any legal rights of any other person or organisation party or entity.
The Hue Cottage has no obligation to monitor the Site or Postings to the Site. However, we reserve the right to maintain full control over all aspects of the Site, including all Postings, and we may remove, delete, redact, or otherwise modify any Posting at any time, for any reason, with or without notice or further obligation to you. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not submit a Posting.
The Hue Cottage does not promise or guarantee that the content of any Posting will be truthful, accurate, or reliable.
The Hue Cottage is not responsible for any dispute or disagreement between you and any other person or entity with whom you may communicate or interact via or while using the Site. You assume all risks associated with dealing with such third parties. You release and shall hold harmless The Hue Cottage from and against all claims, injuries, demands, and exposures of any kind arising out of or relating to any such dispute or disagreement. You also promise not to involve The Hue Cottage in such dispute.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND (B) EXCEPT FOR OUR EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY, The Hue Cottage (INCLUDING ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND ADVISORS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO THE SITE (AND PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE), IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Hue Cottage MAKES NONE OF THE FOLLOWING WARRANTIES, EACH OF WHICH The Hue Cottage EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS:
- THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR NEEDS
- THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE
- THE NATURE, QUALITY, OR QUALITIES OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROMOTED OR AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE VIA THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR NEEDS
XIII. Limitation on Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE HUE COTTAGE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE HUE COTTAGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE SITE
- UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF DATA OR INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US VIA THE SITE OR OTHERWISE
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY ON OR INVOLVING THE SITE
- YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US OR THIRD PARTIES ON OR VIA THE SITE
- ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE HUE COTTAGE ’s MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE HUE COTTAGE CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE THAT YOU PAID FOR ANY PRODUCT(S) PURCHASED VIA THE SITE OR $50, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
NOTE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION DO NOT APPLY TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
XIV. Dispute Resolution; Choice of Law; Mandatory Arbitration
We hope and expect that we will never have a dispute with you. However, if a dispute, claim, or controversy arises out of or relating to these Terms (including an alleged breach or the termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof), the Site, or your purchase of Products or use of any service available via the Site, the following rules and procedures shall apply.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. You and The Hue Cottage each agree that you will try in good faith to resolve such Dispute informally. If you wish to initiate this informal process, you should send a notice clearly marked “Notice of Dispute,” and containing a brief written statement setting forth your name, address, and contact information, the facts giving rise to your Dispute, and the relief you are seeking. You must send any such notice to email@example.com. We will contact you via email at the address specified in any such notice or the physical address we have on file relating to any Product order you placed with us. You and The Hue Cottage agree to use reasonable, good faith efforts to settle any Dispute through consultation, communication, and negotiations within thirty (30) days of your submission of such notice. If a Dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) days of such submission, you or The Hue Cottage may resort to the procedures described in the remainder of this section. If we have a Dispute with you, we will follow the same process, except that we will initiate the process by sending the “Notice of Dispute” to you via email at the address specified in any such notice or the physical address we have on file relating to any Product order you placed with us.
- Mandatory Arbitration. In the event that you and The Hue Cottage are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal discussions within thirty (30) days of the “Notice of Dispute” (as described above), you and we agree to resolve such Dispute through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under “Exceptions” below, and unless you have opted-out of this agreement to arbitration by following the procedure described below.
XV. Your Feedback
We welcome your comments, suggestions, and ideas about the Site, but we have no obligation to review, agree with, or implement them. In addition, please understand that we retain sole and complete discretion to use, disclose, disseminate, publish, and publicly display anything you send us (including your ideas, suggestions, inventions, secrets, or content) without paying or otherwise compensating you or anyone else. If you do not wish to grant us those rights, please do not send us anything without first contacting and discussing the matter with firstname.lastname@example.org.
XVI. Our Right to Terminate Your Access to the Site
Although we highly doubt that we will ever have any reason to do so, we reserve the right, in our sole and complete discretion, to terminate your access and ability to use the Site without notice or attendant liability. Upon termination, these Terms will still apply.
XVII. Our Right to Change or Update these Terms
We may review these Terms periodically to ensure that they comply with applicable law and remain consistent with our Products and operations. We therefore reserve the right to update and revise these Terms at any time without specific or direct notice to you. We intend to change the “Current Policy effective as of ___” date at the top of these Terms each time we revise these Terms, but please contact email@example.com, if you have questions about whether we have changed or updated any of the Terms or about which version of the Terms applies to you.
Our failure partially or fully to exercise any of our rights, or our waiver of any violation of these Terms, shall not prevent our later exercise of such right and shall not constitute or indicate our waiver of any subsequent breach. Our rights and remedies under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and us shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit our right to exercise any other right or remedy.
If any part or section of these Terms is determined to be invalid, void, or unenforceable for any reason, only that part or section will be severed. Such severing shall not affect the continuing validity and enforceability of the remaining parts or sections.
XX. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and The Hue Cottage with respect to the Site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications relating to the Site. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.