Multipurpose Leg Rest Elevation Wedge Support Pillow is ergonomically designed at a perfect height for sleeping or resting that helps relieve:
- Leg Discomfort
- Back Pain
- Restless leg syndrome
- Varicose Veins
- Post Surgery or pregnancy pains
• Ergonomic raised support Design with optimal incline elevation provides support to your back area as well as hips and legs and provides elevated support to assist and ease fatigue, soreness with post-surgery, or pregnancy pains.
• Memory foam molds seamlessly to your body’s natural contour for a perfect fit.
• Multipurpose Pillow can be used in numerous ways for resting, sleeping, sitting, and relaxing and aids in providing relief from aches and pains.
• Ideal for individuals who suffer from back & hip pain, Edema, Varicose Veins, Phlebitis, and Circulation related ailments.
• Hypoallergenic and free from dust mites and allergens.
Material: Memory Foam
Available Colors: White, Multi
Shipping: Please refer to the FAQ'S section for Orders & Shipping.
Warranty: One-year limited warranty. Read more in our Warranty section.
Happiness 101 Days Trial: Please refer to 101 Day Policy Section for details.
Why Use Leg Elevation Pillows?
You’ve undoubtedly heard of leg elevation for treating injuries and healing post-operation, but did you know that a little bit of raising action can actually help you sleep, too?
Oh, it feels good to put your feet up at the end of the day. But do you know why? It’s not just in your head. Elevating your legs can promote better circulation, reduce swelling, and many other benefits.
There are many things you can do to get a better night’s rest, including sleeping with your legs elevated. Let’s take a look at how, and why, a leg elevation pillow can soothe you into a sweet slumber:
- Encourages better blood circulation: The goal of any good elevation pillow is to boost the body’s blood flow, which prevents blood clots, swelling, and pain. When you give the body the tools it needs for proper circulation, you’ll feel all-around better and will enjoy better sleep. Basically, keeping your legs lifted while you sleep gives your veins a much-needed break along with the rest of your body. Taken in tandem with other lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and wearing compression socks, using a leg elevation pillow can really make a difference for your circulation.
- Help in reduction of swelling: When the legs are elevated it aids in draining tensions from the legs and feet. This occurs as pressure is taken off the veins allowing for better flow from them to the heart and the rest of the body. This aids in the relief of pain from tired legs and lessens the risk of feet swelling from the pressures of holding up the body.
- Reduces leg and back Pain: When you spend all day on your feet, you mostly find yourself dealing with leg and back pain long after you get back home. With an improvement in circulation and reduced swelling, leg elevation pillows help significantly with aching legs or a hurting back. If you’re struggling with chronic pain in these areas, as well as the other symptoms listed here, you should consider getting a leg elevation pillow to try at home.
- Take the pressure off your body: Depending on your sleeping style, whether it’s on your back, side, or stomach, it puts pressure on your body parts. Sleeping on your stomach makes it really difficult to keep your neck and spine straight, and it puts a lot of pressure on your muscles and joints. If you tend to curl up into a fetal position, sleeping on your side can impede your breathing and leave you feeling sore in the morning. Sleeping on your back is often touted as the best position, but even that can put pressure on your brain because of poor blood circulation. Sleeping with a leg elevation pillow encourages you to keep your neck and spine alignment right while promoting good flow to your brain and the rest of your body.
- Improve your sleep: Boosting circulation, reducing swelling, easing pressure on your joints, helping with back and leg pain–all of these factors combine for a better night’s sleep. Managing your aches can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, as well as increase the quality of your sleep. Also, elevating your legs is so comfortable you’ll probably find yourself snoozing away.
- Post-surgery recovery: Doctors tell you to take it easy for several days, or maybe even weeks or months. This bed rest is extremely important because it gives your body the energy it needs to recover and reduces your chances of disturbing the surgical site. However, lying around all day can really be difficult and even disturb your blood circulation further slowing down your recovery. Elevating your legs is a great solution to improving circulation while still limiting your movement during the recovery period.
Elevating your legs is one of the simplest things you can do for your health—you put your feet up and take a nap! Combined with other healthy lifestyle changes, using a leg elevation pillow can improve your health drastically.
FAQs on Leg Elevation Pillows
Is it a good practice to elevate your legs while sleeping?
Even though it might sound odd, sleeping with the legs elevated can go a long way in achieving better blood flow to the legs and the rest of your body. Placing the legs and feet in a position above the heart assists in helping gravity move the blood from the lower half of the body up to the heart.
How can I improve circulation in my legs while sitting?
Try out these sitting positions that will absolutely help you promote better vein circulation:
- Sit with your legs spaced slightly apart and your feet on the floor.
- You can slightly elevate your legs to help circulation using a leg elevation pillow.
Is elevating your legs good for your heart?
When you elevate your legs, ideally at or above heart level, it helps keep the blood from pooling in your lower legs and improves blood flow to the rest of your body.